By Mike Flanagan
Hometown Weekly Sports Editor
The pandemic-altered Fall I high school season began in Westwood this past week. Among this week's news and notes:
- Westwood High varsity golf picked up a trio of victories to begin their season. The first came against rival Medfield (225-241) on September 25 at Ponkapoag Golf Course.
- Westwood golf completed the season sweep against Medfield and moved to 2-0 on September 30, winning by a 238-256 final at Norfolk Golf Course.
- The Wolverines defeated Dedham, 248-309, on Monday at Norfolk Golf Course to push their unbeaten record to 3-0.
- Westwood High varsity field hockey will open up their season on Saturday at Medfield at 1:30 p.m. The Wolverines will return home the following day for the latter half of a back-to-back against Medfield.
- Westwood High varsity boys soccer will open up the 2020 season against Medfield on Saturday at 11 a.m. Girls soccer will also open up the season on Saturday, on the road at Medfield at 11 a.m.
- Westwood boys and girls cross-country will host Medfield on Saturday to start the team's 2020 season.
For funny and incisive sports analysis as well as video highlights of games, follow Mike Flanagan on his personal Twitter and Instagram handles @flano0.