By Mike Flanagan
Hometown Weekly Sports Editor
Medfield High School continued to power through its unprecedented Fall I athletic season this past week. Among the week's news and notes:
- Both the Medfield boys and girls varsity soccer teams opened up their seasons with shutout victories on Saturday.
- The Medfield boys soccer team won, 2-0, thanks to goals by senior captain James Layden and freshman Chris Hoffman. The goal by Hoffman was the first of his high school career. Teddy Ariel earned the shutout in net.
- The Medfield girls soccer team earned a 4-0 victory behind a pair of goals from Morgan Reilly. Annie McCarthy and Alex Blake also scored their first goals of the season in the winning effort.
- Varsity golf defeated Millis, 220-232, on October 5. Thomas Guidoboni shot even-par (33) to lead the Warriors. Medfield dropped a pair to rival DS on October 6 (218-230) and October 8 (224-244). Junior Henry Reilly led the Warriors with a plus-four (36) on October 6 and a plus-two (37) in the rematch.
- Girls cross-country earned a 22-37 victory against Westwood on Friday. Boys cross-country fell to Westwood, 22-33.
- Varsity field hockey fell to Westwood, 6-0, on Saturday.
- Medfield girls soccer completed the weekend sweep of Westwood on Sunday, winning by a final of 5-0. Ally Dubbs led the way with two goals, with more scoring coming from Shannon Burns and Harper Foscaldo.
- Boys soccer earned a 2-0 win on Sunday to also complete the season sweep. Johnny Hoffman and Andrew Stanton supplied the goals for the Warriors.
For funny and incisive sports analysis as well as video highlights of games, follow Mike Flanagan on his personal Twitter and Instagram handles @flano0.