By Mike Flanagan
Hometown Weekly Sports Editor
Rivalry week always gets the blood pumping. Even during a worldwide pandemic and the Fall athletic season looking completely different, there was no love lost this past week when five of the six Medfield and Dover-Sherborn Fall I varsity athletic teams squared off against one another.
- Medfield girls soccer improved to 5-0-1 with a 2-2 tie at DS on Saturday and a 3-0 victory at home on Sunday. Shannon Burns, Ally Dubbs and Erin Sullivan supplied the scoring in Sunday's win.
- Medfield boys soccer also remained unbeaten and improved to 6-0 after a weekend sweep of DS. The Warriors earned a 1-0 victory on Saturday and a 2-0 victory on the road on Sunday. Senior captain James Layden scored all three goals on the weekend (one on Saturday, two on Sunday).
- Varsity field hockey earned a pair of 1-1 ties against DS to improve to 0-2-2. Chloe Shield scored Medfield's lone goal on Sunday.
- Girls cross-country earned a 27-30 victory on Saturday against DS to improve to 3-0 on the year. Boys cross-country fell to 0-3 with a 24-31 defeat against DS.
- Varsity golf capped off its season with a pair of victories, 227-278 against Dedham on October 20, and a narrow 227-228 victory on October 21 at Norwood. Medfield finishes the season at 6-4, with wins in each of their final four contests.
For funny and incisive sports analysis as well as video highlights of games, follow Mike Flanagan on his personal Twitter and Instagram handles @flano0.