[ccfic caption-text format="plaintext"]
Friday, Feb. 3 at 7 p.m. is the ¡Hola Cuba! event in Medfield, and in addition to great Cuban food from El Oriental de Cuba in Jamaica Plain, salsa dance lessons from Meta Movements in Boston (a Cuban-inspired artist collaborative), music by the Medfield High School Jazz Band, and a drink ticket, the event also features a unique auction, with many sought-after items, including:
- A VIP Boston Beer/Sam Adams Brewery tour and tasting with the VP of Brewing
- A bottle of Utopias by Boston Beer (a specialty beer that retails for $150; now getting crazy prices on eBay)
- Premium seating for this year's Medfield High School graduation
- A one-week stay via RCI timeshare
- An overnight, waterfront stay with seafood feast for up to six people on Cape Cod
- A catered dinner for 10
- A ukulele from Music & Arts
Tickets for the Feb. 3 event are normally $65 each, but for one night only on Jan. 27 -- when Jazz Band members will perform a "warm-up show" at the Rock 'N Roll Rib Joint -- tickets will be sold onsite for just $50 each between 7 and 11 p.m. (a $15 per-ticket discount). Flat donations are also welcome. Additionally, during the month of January, the Rib Joint will donate $1 to the Jazz Band for every Cubano Sandwich sold.
Tickets for the Feb. 3 event are also on sale at Park Street Books and online via www.medfieldmusicassociation.com (with a surcharge).
Fundraising proceeds will help to support a cash and instrument-strapped arts school in Havana, and will help in lowering music-related expenses for the students' trip to Cuba in April, including transporting instruments. Along with guest artist Angel Subero, the students will serve as Medfield's very own jazz ambassadors.