By Mike Flanagan
Hometown Weekly Sports Editor
Dover-Sherborn High School continued to power through its unprecedented Fall I athletic season this past week as multiple Raiders varsity athletic teams were in action. Among the week's news and notes:
- Varsity golf picked up a pair of victories against arch rival Medfield on October 6 (218-230) and October 8 (224-244). The two wins moved the Raiders to 4-0. Senior Jackson Griebel led the way by shooting one-over par (36) in the October 8 matchup, while freshman Tim Hill shot an even-par (34).
- The reigning Division III South champion girls varsity soccer team played its first in-house scrimmage with referees on Saturday, helping the team adapt to the new COVID rules implemented for the 2020 season. Boys varsity soccer also played an in-house scrimmage on the turf at Nora Searle field on Saturday.
- Boys soccer will open its season on Saturday at Norwood, while girls soccer will host Norwood that same afternoon.
- The reigning Division II state champion varsity field hockey team will open up the 2020 season at home on Saturday at 2:30pm against Norwood.
- Boys cross-country will begin its season on Saturday at Norwood at 8 a.m.
- Girls cross-country will begin its season on Saturday at Norwood at 9 a.m.
For funny and incisive sports analysis as well as video highlights of games, follow Mike Flanagan on his personal Twitter and Instagram handles @flano0.