By Mike Flanagan
Hometown Weekly Sports Editor
Westwood High School and Xaverian Brothers High School continued their Fall I athletic seasons this past week as the Wolverines and Hawks powered through some snowy conditions.
- Westwood girls varsity field hockey earned a big 3-2 victory against reigning Division II state champion and rival Dover-Sherborn on Sunday. The win kept the Wolverines undefeated and pushed their record to 4-0. Westwood will play a home-and-home with Norwood on November 7 and 8.
- Westwood boys varsity soccer earned a 4-4 tie with Dover-Sherborn on Sunday, pushing their record to 2-3-2.
- Westwood girls varsity soccer fell, 3-1, to DS on Sunday, dropping their record to 0-3-3.
- Westwood girls cross-country dropped a heartbreaker, 27-28, against DS on Sunday. Their record now stands at 1-2.
- Westwood boys cross-country dropped its first contest of the season, 24-31 against DS on Sunday as their record fell to 2-1.
- All of Saturday's Westwood High field hockey and soccer matches were postponed to a later date due to snow.
- Xaverian varsity golf won the Catholic Conference Tournament at Worcester Country Club on October 26, shooting a team score of 299 and just edging out second-place St. John's (Shrewsbury), who shot 301. Eric Boulger led the way for the Hawks by shooting 71. Joey Lenane shot a 73, Spencer Dumas shot 76, Trevor Connolly and Ryan Scollins both shot 79 and Daniel Brady shot an 80.
- Xaverian varsity soccer had its contests with St. John's Prep postponed due to snow. The Hawks dropped a 2-1 heartbreaker to BC High on October 28. Finn Mungovan scored the lone goal for the Hawks.
- Xaverian cross-country moved to 2-2 on the season following a 20-42 victory against Catholic Memorial on October 27.
For funny and incisive sports analysis as well as video highlights of games, follow Mike Flanagan on his personal Twitter and Instagram handles @flano0.