By Mike Flanagan
Hometown Weekly Sports Editor
With the Fall I athletic season all wrapped up, Walpole High athletics still made headlines this past week with multiple athletes signing their NLIs to play a sport in college. Postseason awards for boys and girls soccer as well as boys and girls cross-country were announced.
- Senior face-off man Ben Quinn signed his NLI to play lacrosse at UMass-Lowell.
- Walpole girls varsity soccer had four players named Bay State Conference All-Stars for their efforts throughout the fall: Sophie McCarthy, Brooke Walonis, Catie Powderly and Jessica Welch.
- Five members of the boys varsity soccer team were also named Bay State Conference All-Stars: Oliver Kelleher, Joe Colbert, Ryan Formica, Matt McLaughlin and Bryan Hope (BSC honorable mention).
- Sophie McCarthy signed her NLI to play soccer at UConn.
- Bria Foley signed her NLI to play lacrosse at Gardner Webb.
- Molly Weiand and Madison Field both signed their NLIs to play lacrosse at Assumption.
- Mia Costa and Cara Morris were named Bay State Conference All-Stars in girls cross-country. Danielle Dentremont was named Bay State Conference Honorable Mention.
- Sam Alosi, Scott Cameron, Henry Morris and Kieran Stover were all named Bay State Conference All-Stars in boys cross-country.
For funny and incisive sports analysis as well as video highlights of games, follow Mike Flanagan on his personal Twitter and Instagram handles @flano0.