By Mike Flanagan
Hometown Weekly Sports Editor
Medfield High School athletics continued on this past week as all varsity winter athletic teams were in action against Dedham, Norwood and Westwood.
- Varsity boys hockey swept Norwood to pick up their first two wins of the season and climb back to .500 (2-2-0). Medfield earned a 4-3 win at Norwood on Wednesday, followed by a 6-2 victory on Saturday at Pirelli Arena in Franklin. Senior captains Phil Parker, Sam Palmer and Chris Lawson, as well as sophomore Kevin Arthur, supplied the scoring in Wednesday's win. Saturday's game saw tallies by Lawson, Arthur, Slater Franks, Liam Ladd, James Tyer and Ryan Dolan.
- Varsity girls hockey earned a split with Dedham to improve to 2-2-0 on the season. Senior captain Krista Anderson led the way in Medfield's 5-0 win on Wednesday with a pair of goals. Cassie McDonald, Grenne Campbell, and Taylor Guindon also scored goals for Medfield. Dedham took the latter of the back-to-back and defeated Medfield, 1-0, on Saturday.
- Girls indoor track earned a dominant 79-7 win against Millis on January 13. Alex Lusby set the school record in the mile with a time of 5:12.34. Boys indoor track defeated Millis 65-20.
- Boys varsity basketball dropped a pair of close contests to Norwood: 41-38 on January 12 and 70-65 on January 15.
- Girls basketball earned a split with Norwood, winning 60-39 on January 12, followed by a 48-45 overtime defeat on January 15. Kate Olenik (17 points), Lillie Cummings (12 points) and Annie McCarthy (nine points, 10 rebounds) led the way in Tuesday's victory.
- Varsity boys swimming fell to Westwood on January 14, 89-74. Freshman Quinn Borchers broke the school record in the 100 freestyle.
For funny and incisive sports analysis as well as video highlights of games, follow Mike Flanagan on his personal Twitter and Instagram handles @flano0.