By Mike Flanagan
Hometown Weekly Sports Editor
Throughout the last two months, athletes at Dover-Sherborn Regional High have persevered and competed through some extremely challenging circumstances. This past week, DS winter athletes wrapped this extremely unprecedented season.
- Varsity girls hockey earned a 1-1 tie with rival Westwood on February 13. Trailing 1-0 with under a minute to play, DS/Hopkinton pulled the goaltender for an extra attacker in search of the tying goal. Sophia Mazzuchelli delivered with 11 seconds remaining, tipping home a shot from the point to salvage a 1-1 tie for DS/Hopkinton. On Sunday, DS wrapped up its season with a 3-0 defeat to Medway/Ashland. The DS girls finish the season with a final record of 1-8-2 (1-7-2).
- DS boys basketball defeated Norton (65-37) on February 10 and rival Medfield (81-51) on February 13 to finish the year with a 9-2 record. Seniors Ben Teich (game-high 27 points) and Ben Chittick (23 points) led the way for the Raiders in their win at Medfield.
- Boys varsity hockey earned consecutive victories against Bellingham (4-1) on February 11 and Holliston (3-2) on February 12 to close out their season. The Raiders finish the year with a final mark of 6-5-1 (6-4-1 TVL). Tommy Higgins, Mattias Sarnblad and Ian Chang scored for DS/Weston in their win at Holliston, while Standish Carothers, Eli Kaplan and Connor Burke (2) scored against Norton.
- DS girls varsity basketball dropped its final two contests of the season against Medway (39-26) on February 10 and Norton (42-34) on February 11. The Raiders finish the year with a record of 6-5.
- DS/Medfield varsity gymnastics finished their season with a 136.65-132.95 victory against Ashland on Sunday afternoon. Dover-Sherborn's Merritt Sullivan was honored for senior day. DS/Medfield finishes the season with a final record of 4-1.
For funny and incisive sports analysis as well as video highlights of games, follow Mike Flanagan on his personal Twitter and Instagram handles @flano0.