Photos by Mike Flanagan
By Mike Flanagan
Hometown Weekly Sports Editor
Dover-Sherborn Regional High School varsity winter athletics continued this past week as the Raiders were in action against rivals Medway, Holliston and Norwood, as well as various schools across the state in alpine ski.
- Dover-Sherborn varsity girls and boys skiing dominated the Mass Bay Ski League East meet on February 4 at Blue Hills. All eight DS boys who competed in the event finished in the top-30 (includes ties) and all eight DS girls who competed finished in the top-25. Brendan O'Neil (25.01) took home first place overall with Peter Green (26.10) finishing tied for second. Wyatt Pastore (26.45) placed seventh. Luke Sveen (27.16) finished 11th. Jack Wirth (27.65) placed No. 15 with John Casey (29.43) and Tommy King (29.43) finishing No. 32 and No. 34. Alexander Wallace (30.98) placed No. 46. On the girls side, Emma Gonsalves (26.23) placed first and No. 4 overall amongst all boys and girls who competed. Eloisa Luczkow (26.59) placed third amongst girls and ninth overall. Addie Atwood (27.92) placed fifth amongst girls and No. 16 overall. Sarah Parrish (28.03) finished sixth amongst girls and No. 17 overall. Lily Makkas (28.93) placed 10th amongst girls and No. 26 overall. Kathryn Mahoney (30.03) and Abbie Crane (30.33) placed No.'s 13 and 14, respectively, amongst girls. Kai Abbett (31.34) placed No. 22 amongst girls.
- Varsity girls basketball improved to 6-3 with a pair of road wins this week, defeating Holliston, 47-27, on February 3, and Medway, 43-35, on February 5. Sophomore point guard Hana Skeary led the Raiders in their win at Holliston with a game-high 14 points. Junior forward Reese O'Connell also scored in double figures with 11 points to go along with nine by freshman guard Erica Hills.
- Boys basketball swept a home-and-home with Medway on February 3 (44-41) and February 5 (60-50). Luke Rinaldi led the way for the Raiders in their February 5 win against Medway with a game-high 18 points. Senior captain and guard Evan Skeary (12 points) and senior forward Nick Rinaldi (10 points) also scored in double figures.
- Girls hockey dropped a pair of contests to Norwood (2-0) on February 3 and Medfield/Norton (6-2) on February 6. The Raiders record is now 1-5-1 (1-4-1).
- Boys hockey dropped a pair of contests to rival Medway, falling 6-0 on February 3 and 7-1 on February 6.
- Girls swimming defeated Norwood 105-53 on February 6 to improve to 4-1 on the season.
- Boys swimming remained unbeaten and moved to 5-0 with a 102-65 win against Norwood on February 6.
- DS/Medfield gymnastics dropped a heartbreaker to Norwood on February 4 by a final of 138.6-138.25.
For funny and incisive sports analysis as well as video highlights of games, follow Mike Flanagan on his personal Twitter and Instagram handles @flano0.