By Mike Flanagan
Hometown Weekly Sports Editor
Dover-Sherborn Regional High School continued to power through this unprecedented Fall I athletic season this past week. Snow forced all of Saturday's games into postponement, but the Raiders played a full slate of games on Sunday in the rain.
- The reigning Division II state champion varsity field hockey team hosted perennial Division I power Westwood for a big-time showdown at Nora Searle Field. Despite a two-goal performance by senior Merritt Sullivan, DS was unable to come away with the win as Westwood prevailed by a 3-2 final. DS will get two shots at redemption against Westwood as the Raiders are set to play a home-and-home with the Wolverines next weekend.
- DS varsity boys cross-country moved to 3-0 on the season following a 24-31 victory against Westwood on Sunday. The DS boys will host Millis on Saturday.
- Girls varsity cross-country moved above .500 (2-1) following a nail-biting 27-28 victory against Westwood on Sunday. Caitlin Britt led the way by placing first overall. The DS girls will host Millis on Saturday.
- Varsity girls soccer moved to 3-1-0 on the season with a 3-1 victory against Westwood. Lily Thompson, Eloisa Luczkow and Ava Kaplan supplied the scoring for the Raiders. The DS girls will play a home-and-home with Millis on Saturday and Sunday.
- Boys varsity soccer played to a 4-4 tie at Westwood, pushing their record to 0-3-2. The DS boys will play a home-and-home with Millis on Saturday and Sunday.
- Varsity golf capped off its season with a big 212-228 victory against rival Westwood. The Raiders spoiled Westwood's bid for a perfect season as both teams finished 9-1. Ben Schroeder medalled by shooting a 34. Owen Bingham, Curtis Bowman, Billy Rooney, and Tim Hill all shot a 35.
For funny and incisive sports analysis as well as video highlights of games, follow Mike Flanagan on his personal Twitter and Instagram handles @flano0.