By Mike Flanagan
Hometown Weekly Sports Editor
Rivalry week always gets the blood pumping. Even during a worldwide pandemic and with the fall athletic season looking completely different, there was no love lost this past week when five of the six Medfield and Dover-Sherborn Fall I varsity athletic teams squared off against one another.
- DS girls soccer moved to 2-0-1 on the season following a 2-2 tie with Medfield on Saturday. Waverly Summer and Ava Kaplan supplied the scoring for the Raiders, who trailed 2-0 entering the second half and staged a comeback to secure the draw. Medfield won the latter half of the back-to-back on Sunday, 3-0.
- DS boys soccer dropped a pair of contests against Medfield, falling 1-0 on Saturday and 2-0 on Sunday.
- Varsity field hockey earned a pair of 1-1 ties against Medfield to move to 2-0-2. Ciara Crowley scored Dover-Sherborn's lone goal on Saturday, coming with five minutes left to tie the game.
- Girls cross-country dropped its first contest of the season, narrowly falling to Medfield on Saturday, 27-30. Boys cross-country improved to 2-0, thanks to a 24-31 win on Saturday against Medfield.
- Varsity golf improved to 8-1 following a 211-256 victory against Millis on October 20 and a 240-270 win against Dedham on October 22. The wins were Dover-Sherborn's third and fourth in a row.
For funny and incisive sports analysis as well as video highlights of games, follow Mike Flanagan on his personal Twitter and Instagram handles @flano0.